Friday, December 11, 2009

X-Box Wars

Last year for Christmas I bought my fiance an X-Box 360.  He played it a little bit, but found he didn't have time to obsess over it the way some boys do.  I play on it probably about as much as he does.  Neither of us had touched the darn thing in a couple of months until we heard of the game titled Dragon Age: Origins.  Sure enough, we purchased the game with some gift cards I received through work.  The second I started playing I was hooked.  Upon beating the game, I will need to post a review.  In the meantime, all I can say is that it is a constant battle over who can play.

My fiance's argument is that I had spent more hours on it than he, and he needed to catch up.  He was out of town for a weekend, and I'll admit that I played a little bit more than I should have.  Heck, at the moment I am typing this blog he is playing, though I had my turn this afternoon.  That is the problem with this game is that there is no way to play together, and he would rather not watch me play as I am ahead of him and he doesn't want to spoil the plot.  At the same time, I don't like to watch him play since he is more diligent at discovering party members and techniques that I just passed by in my haste to advance the story.

I haven't been this addicted to a video game since Donkey Kong Country came out when I was in grade school.  That was when I experienced my first and only case of Nintendo Thumb.  Of course, it was very minor, and went away the second I quit playing (which I did).  No blisters or anything, though I'm sure if I continued that is the route it would have taken.  Unfortunately, the difference between now and then is that I didn't have to share my SNES with anybody.

Readers:  Do you have a video game that you found yourself obsessed with momentarily?  If you're not much of a gamer, any other hobbies?  What video games are you currently playing?

No comments:

Post a Comment