Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Review: The Second Twilight Adaption Seemed Subpar

So after rushing through the New Moon novel, I went to see the movie last Saturday.  I went into the movie feeling optimistic.  I enjoyed the first movie well enough, and since I liked the second book so much more than the first, I thought the same would be true for the second.  I guess I was wrong.

Review

Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's chemistry was actually cringe worthy.  Aren't they a real life couple?  The saving grace of this movie was what made the book good as well, the increased amount of time Bella spent with Jacob.  Taylor Launter could act circles around the leading couple.  The movie seemed rushed.  They tried to cram everything into a two hour and ten minute film. I think an extra half hour wouldn't have hurt, and could have made for a more natural transistion between everything that happened. I do think the director managed to do a very good job being true to the book, at the very least, but the acting really brought it down for me.  Bella's mumbling and crazy blink thing she did, and Edward kissing her like he is making out with a lamp post or something were a couple examples.  Was the first movie really this bad?  Maybe the difference was that I rented the first one rather than seeing it on the big screen.  Either way, I walked out of the theater relativly pleased with my choice, but feeling that the movie lacked something.  3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment