Thursday, December 17, 2009

DVR is My New Best Friend

My fiance and I signed up for a new company to offer us cable upon moving into our new apartment.  The cost is about the same as what our previous company would have charged after the trial period, but offers at least 100 more channels.  It also offers us DVR, so we record and are able to watch a larger variety of show than we previously watched.  We can also keep an eye out for movies we want to see and record them.  Currently, our DVR records fourteen different shows.  Read on for a brief list of show I currently have my DVR set to record.



Bridezillas: This show started out as something I watched to gain ideas for our upcoming wedding.  Soon I realized nothing could be gained by watching these outrageous situations, but it quickly turned into a guilty pleasure.  I know the show is possibly scripted, and at the very least they choose to edit in the most unflattering way for these brides.  I find this show to be a bit of a train wreck.  Terrible, but you really can't take your eyes off of it.

Castle:  Being a former fan of Serenity and Firefly, the fact that Nathan Fillion is the lead drew my interest to this show.  The shout out to Firefly on the Halloween episode truly made my day.  I found this show to actually be very interesting.  Nathan Fillion was really made for this type of role.  He had a role on Desperate Housewives for a season, but it was truly not made for him.

Community:  This is another show I started watching because of my appreciation of the lead.  I had seen Joel McHale on The Soup, and after several shameless plugs for Community, I made sure to tune in for the pilot.  I find this to be a very entertaining comedy.  Chevy Chase plays a great role in the show as well.

Desperate Housewives:  This show is one I was hooked on before I moved away.  I usually don't even end up watching the DVR for this one, as I usually catch it the night it plays due to my excitement over this series.  The DVR is more of a precaution incase I find myself away from home on a Sunday night.

Grey's Anatomy:  This is the same situation as Desperate Housewives.  The DVR is only a precaution.  I have been a long time viewer of this show.  Last year I missed the season finale and had to wait for it to be replayed (not a big fan on TV on a computer).  By the time it got around to being played again, the epic ending had already been revealed to me.  Not going to happen again this season.

Heroes:  This show is my fiance's fave.  I can't get into it.  Every time I sit down to watch it with him, I find myself drifting off.

House:  Another show of my fiance's.  I will sit and watch it with him occasionally, but it won't break my heart if he watched it without me and deleted it.

How I Met Your Mother:  After hearing so many people rave about this show, I thought I'd give it a try.  I fell in love instantly.  The cast is amazing, but especially NPH.  This is a very fun and enjoyable sit-com.

Law & Order:  SVU:  Law & Order is a show that I would always catch re-runs of on USA.  I would always stop and watch if that were the case.  My last year of college, I began catching new episodes on NBC.  Now we record it and keep up with the new episodes.

My Fair Wedding with David Tutera:  Something we've recorded dozens of episodes of, and I haven't watched a single one.  I thought it would be a decent way to get ideas for the wedding planning.  We'll see if I ever get around to watching it.

Say Yes to the Dress:  This is a wedding show I do NOT watch for ideas.  I could never afford one of these dresses.  For some reason, it is just fun to watch the brides try on the dresses.

The Soup:  I love The Soup.  I even remember watching Talking Soup when that was around.  Joel McHale is funny, and the randomness of the show is great.  Even better is catching every single episode so that I can be "in" on all of the inside/recurring gags.

V:  We were following this new ABC show from the beginning.  The fact that it had another actress who had previously been on Firefly/Serenity was a bonus.  Then we tune and see they had two former cast members of Firefly/Serenity on the show.  The story is awesome to boot.  This is another show we usually catch the night of.

Readers:  Any shows you can't stand to miss?  Do you watch and of the above shows?  Do you have any recommendations to add to our DVR?

No comments:

Post a Comment