Saturday, December 12, 2009

Review: I Love You, Man

I Love You, Man
My fiance and I subscribe to Netflix, and thus watch plenty of movies in our free time.  Our most recent rental was I Love You, Man.  This movie was not quiet what I expected, considering it starred both Paul Rudd and Jason Segel.  I was expecting a movie similar to Pineapple Express or the Hangover, which are both very funny movies.  This movie, however; was something anybody could enjoy.  I would have no regrets watching this movie with my grandmother, for example.  Read on for the full review.]

Review
 The film starts out with Peter Klaven (Rudd) proposing to his girlfriend Zooey (Rashida Jones).  After overhearing Zooey being warned by her girlfriends how needy guys can be if they don't have any male friends, Peter goes out of his way to set up several "man dates" to meet a potential best friend/best man.  After many failures he meets Sydney Fife (Segel).  Sydney is clrearly an intelligent, funny person, though he is quiet different than Peter in many ways.


Rudd and Segel share an awesome chemisty.  Their quick liking to each other is very believable.  They both play very likeable characters, even with their vast differences from each other.  The cast of supporting actors was enjoyable too.  There is a wide range of familiar faces that appear in this film.  Segel even gets into a fist fight with the one and only Lou Ferrigno.  Fans of the male stoner comedies such as Pineapple Express will enjoy this movie, but the touch of romance and lighter humor will be enjoyable by those that may have been turned off by the latter mentioned comedies.  5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment