Monday, December 14, 2009

Oh, How I Love My Coffee

I hadn't always been a big fan of coffee.  I would drink it on occasion when I was high school aged, but it would require tons and tons of sugar.  I'm pretty sure the saying "would you like some coffee with your sugar?" would have fit me like a T.  I didn't realize how much of a benefit coffee could be until I had moved out of my parent's house for college.  My parents had bought me a little coffee maker before I left.  It was a really nice coffee maker, and made twelve cups.  I would drink around two mugs of coffee with a little bit of flavored creamer before heading off to class.  It became part of my morning routine.  Then I discovered when I ran out of creamer, drinking it black was not a completly terrible thing.  I found myself enjoying the taste of coffee.

I graduated from college, and moved out on my own.  I began to find myself more rushed in the morning.  My co-workers had started a coffee club, so I found myself neglecting my little coffee maker at home in exchange for coffee already prepared by one of my co-workers who was an early bird and always arrived early.  When staffing changes occured, I found nobody was willing to keep up with the coffee club, so I was on my own again.

At this point I had fallen in love with a single serve coffee brewer that a friend of mine had.  I purchased a little single cup brewer from Keurig.  I fell in love.  It was the cheapest one available.  The only down side was that I had to add water each time I used it and the brew time was a little long compared to the other ones.  I kept it for about a year, until Keurig ran a promotion in the city I work in.  They were handing out coupons for 20% off a brewer, so I decided that was enough justification to purchase an upgrade.  This brewer makes all the difference.  It has a resevoir, so I don't always have to worry about adding water everytime I make a cup of coffee.  It brews in about a minute.  I have a timer on it, so by the time I wake up it is already kicking on and warming up to make me a wonderful cup of coffee.  I would recommend one of these brewers to any coffee drinker.  It even has options for those who do not like coffee, such has hot chocolate or tea.  I have a cup of camamile tea every night before bed.

Readers:  Have you tried the single serve coffee?  Do you have a type of coffee brewer you just swear by?  If you haven't tried single serve coffee, would you consider switching or would you stick to what you know?  Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment