Wednesday, January 6, 2010

First Attempt at Freeing My Mind

As part of my 101 things, I chose to attempt to answer the 50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind.  Today, I attempted to answer the ones that came to me right away as I was reading them.  I will take a stab at the harder ones in the future.


2. Which is worse, failing or never trying?  
  •  Failing for sure.  I am not one to jump into tasks that are a huge gamble.  If the cost is minimal I am willing to take a chance, but I am not one to take unnecessary risk.
6. If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

  • Honestly, the career path I chose is one that makes me truly happy.  I enjoy the work I do and feel accomplished at the end of the day.  That said, the reason I didn't choose the career path that would make me happiest is because the availability of these types of jobs are very small.  I used to dream of training killer whales and Sea World.  If it weren't all but impossible to have a job doing so, then that would be the kind of work that would make me rich.
8. If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?
  • I would have gotten married and had children rather than focusing on developing a career right away.
9. To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken?
  • I am very much in control of the course my life has taken.  The decisions I have made are 100% my own.
 10. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
  • Doing the right thing is the most important.  I could not do something that would cause for me to go against my morals.

11. You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire.  They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend.  The criticism is distasteful and unjustified.  What do you do?
  • I would like to say that I would stand up for this friend.  I am pretty sure I would, especially if the criticism is unjustified.  I have little difficulty in standing up for someone, and I doubt the fact that I respect and admire the individuals that need to be stood up to will change my mind.

13. Would you break the law to save a loved one?
  • Without hesitation.

19. If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why?

  • Michigan in a heart beat.  It would be wonderful for my fiance and I to be close to our families.
20. Do you push the elevator button more than once?  Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster?
  • No, because I know it doesn't make the elevator move faster.
21. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton?
  • Joyful simpleton.  I take great pride in my intelligence, but if I was simpleminded and happy, I would not know what I was missing.
24. Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?
  • The good friend moving away.  It is always possible to see the ones that live far away, but losing touch is far worse.
26. Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones?
  • I would rather lose all of my old memories.  I am still young, and have years to make new, wonderful memories.  I am sure as I age, my feelings on this will change.
28. Has your greatest fear ever come true?
  • No, it hasn't.
37. If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?
  • No.  Regardless of however many millions of dollars, I would not quit my job at the point in time.
38. Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing?
  • More work I enjoy doing.  When I have more assignments at work, the day goes quickly and I enjoy myself.
39. Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before?
  • Not at all.  I think I am capable of finding enjoyment in many things.  I have a wide variety of tasks to keep me busy, so my life never feels repetitive.
42. Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous?
  • No.  Plain and simply, no.
50. Decisions are being made right now.  The question is:  Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you?
  • I feel as though I already answered this one.  I make my own decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment